Basic Purpose and Objective
Quality Manager is responsible for the Quality Management System (QMS) and the associated compliance with Aerospace standards and customer requirements, as well as the Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance (QA) aspects of the business unit.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a documented Quality Program to the AS9100 rev. D standard, including all relevant policies, procedures and work instructions for the business unit. Manage any changes affecting the QMS and train Company personnel as appropriate.
- Manage the internal (QMS and process) and external (registrar, customers, vendors, etc.) audit activities.
- Manage Corrective Action resolution and documentation resulting from customer issues as well as issues at our vendors.
- Lead the Preventative Actions and Continuous Improvements activities for the business unit.
- Track, analyzes and present quality data and metrics (i.e., cost of poor quality, customer complaints, supplier quality performance, etc.).
- Report relevant QMS information to the Management Team on a timely basis.
- Develop and Implement a Quality Assurance Program (including SPC) that places the responsibility of meeting manufacturing specifications on the operators.
- Manage the efforts on PPAP, PFMEA and problem-solving activities associated with quality requirements for the business.
- Manage the MRB process for root cause determinations, quality issue resolution and Corrective Action implementation. Work with manufacturing to develop and implement rework/remake routers to expedite jobs that reach MRB.
- Develop a world class Quality Control Department with automated processes, paperless certifications, complete testing capabilities, etc.
- Train quality and manufacturing personnel on proper measuring and testing techniques and protocols.
Skills and Formal Training Requirements / Experience
- College degree in Mathematics or Science Discipline - Preferred
- CQE/CQA certification desired.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a Quality Manager and system auditor, preferably in the Aerospace and/or Fasteners industries
- Knowledge of QMS Systems including ISO9001, AS9100, NADCAP; including composing and auditing of policies, procedures, and work instructions
- Project management experience involving proven collaboration, initiation and execution skills leading to the successful completion of business improvements.
- Experience with Non-conformance Reporting; Root Cause & Corrective Action; Returned Goods Merchandize Authorization process, etc.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement, Lean Six Sigma, ITAR, and Export Compliance desired.
- Experience in risk analysis (e.g., establishing risk documents such as FMEA’s)
- Experience with Microsoft Office, SPC Systems, Mintab and QC Calc
California Screw Products Corporation is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, committed to a diverse work force and a safe and healthy work environment for all employees. This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by 22.C.F.R